We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Ipswich, evenings and weekends

Which Ipswich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Parking in Ipswich, evenings and weekends

I'll be staying with relatives in Suffolk and hope to attend a couple of events at the Ipswich Arts Festival. Will I have trouble parking in or near the town centre at the weekend or in the evening? One thing I don't want to miss is the opera in Christchurch Park, which is on a weekday evening.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
reviews: 21
1. Re: Parking in Ipswich, evenings and weekends

There is a multi storey car park by Crown Street, not too far from the southern end of Christchurch Park, but in the evening (after 6) and on Sundays you'll have no problem with street parking in the immediate vicinity of Christchurch Park even when there are events on nearby. The roads surrounding the park, and especially along the perimiters of the park itself, offer a multitude of parking opportunities, and there are no houses on the park side of the road. Even during normal working hours I usually find somewhere to park towards the northern end of the park (beyond the single yellow lines) or the turnings off, though sometimes I have to walk slightly further than I intended.

London, United...
reviews: 48
2. Re: Parking in Ipswich, evenings and weekends

Yes the multi-storey car park on Crown Street is your best bet. You will have to pay but you will be guarenteed a space, its a few minutes from the park and its secure.

You can try street parking on Fonnereau Road, but it is limited and only after 6pm.

You will love Ipart. They have some fantastic events on. Enjoy!

reviews: 11
3. Re: Parking in Ipswich, evenings and weekends

Only just seen this post so reply is getting a bit late but might be usesful for anyone else visiting Ipswich. There is free parking in St Peters St (which is an extension of St Nicholas St) in the evenings and this would be extremely usesful if you are planning to eat out after any events, as there are several small restaurants and bars in this area.

Be warned though that some parking restrictions operate during the day. There is also a small carpark in St Nicholas Street (not free) but this is extremely useful for town centre, marina and individual shopping area it would be an approximate ten minute walk to Christchurch Park.

4. Re: Parking in Ipswich, evenings and weekends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 29, 2009