We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn, Estonia
Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

Hey there!

Planning to go to Norway for a two week holiday this May-June.

Flying from Riga to Oslo Rygge, and then need to travel to Stavanger this same day.

Can someone advice me the cheapes way to do so?

As I need to go from Rygge to Train station first and then hop on a train to Stavanger, I heard they have busses there quite often connecting the airport with the city. Any information about that?

Thanks!

Anna

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 19
1. Re: Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

The cheapest way is travel by train all the way, you can book Rygge-Stavanger as one ticket for NOK 249 with change of train in Oslo. From Rygge Airport to Rygge station there is a free shuttle corresponding with the trains. However, the departures are very limited, check www.nsb.no for possible connections.

If there is no train connection convenient for your flight arrival, take the airport coach to Oslo and spend the evening in Oslo before boarding the overnight train to Stavanger.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
2. Re: Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

For going on train you will have to cross the fjord (ferry) between Moss and Horten (transfers needed on both sidea from the airport and the railway station respectively) or travel via Oslo. The cheapest will probably be going via Oslo (Rygge Express Bus or railway; then opting for Minipris tickets on the railway):

ryggeekspressen.no/EnglishInformation/tabid/…

http://tinyurl.com/c45vun6

nsb.no/our-tickets/minipris-article38289-433…

Danish Air Transport A/S (DAT) has daily flights between Rygge and Stavanger:

http://www.dat.dk/

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 19
3. Re: Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

"For going on train you will have to cross the fjord (ferry) between Moss and Horten"

Not correct, greek-traveller.

Tallinn, Estonia
4. Re: Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

Thank you!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
5. Re: Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

iver,

In the same sentence I wrote "or travel via Oslo".

;o)

Edited: 9:14 am, April 25, 2013
6. Re: Oslo-Stavanger-Oslo Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 27, 2014