We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Szeged, Hungary
reviews: 5
Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

What is the difference between Lysefjord cruise offered by Norled and Rodne? Norled's is cheaper. Lenght is the same. Any advice?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

As far as I can find out, Rødne offers a catamaran and Norled offers a ferry. Imo a ferry would be preferable as there is a lot more deck space.

Szeged, Hungary
2. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

Thank you for your reply.

Szeged, Hungary
3. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

I do some research and Norled's page says "On board one of our modern catamarans, there are panoramic windows and large sundecks. Facilities such as a kiosk, toilets and comfortable seats." So I do not think it is a ferry.

So I think I am still looking for the anwer.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 21
4. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

Another difference is that the Rødne boat tour is a RT starting and ending in Stavanger, the Norled tourist ferry is a one-way trip from Lauvvik to Lysebotn. You have to decide which will fit in with tour travel plan.

Charmouth, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

Norled offers both a sightseeing cruise on a catamaran and a car ferry to Lysebotn. You can see full details and photos of both on their web site, and compare with the Rodne trip.

Edited: 5:47 am, April 20, 2013
Szeged, Hungary
6. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

I did, but according to the descriptions there is no difference. Maybe Norled is cheaper because it is less known than Rodne or something like this. Thanks anyway.

Edited: 7:16 am, April 20, 2013
Wollongong...
reviews: 234
7. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

I read on Tripadvisor that someone was very unhappy with Norled in regards to their Lysefjord cruise, and advised not to book with them.

Szeged, Hungary
8. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

We have just arrived from Norway so now I can answer my question. I hope it will help.

Rodne's and Norled's pier is next to each other in Stavanger. Boats are the same catamarans.The ticket is 380 NOK at Norled and 420 NOK at Rodne. Norled goes once a day 12:15, while Rodne twice (10:00 and 14:00) or three times (July and Augustextra departure Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 12:00). In service and in the itinerary there is no difference, they go halfway on Lysefjord from Stavanger..

In addition to this Rodne offers departures from the end of the Lysefjord. Next time I would choose this one because there you can see seals and the world's longest wooden stair with 4444 steps. They must be interesting.

I chose Rodne because we were on a cruise ship and this was the only one that fit into our program. It was really nice. We saw nice little villages, waterfalls and cute goats. If you want to sample the waterfall's water you need to be dowstairs. Book your ticket in advance, by 10 o'clock both were sold out.

9. Re: Cruise on Lysefjord, Norway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2014