We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stavenger Accomodations

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Stavanger hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Altoona, IA
reviews: 3
Stavenger Accomodations

I will be coming to Stavenger from Bergen and then spending the night in Stavenger and going to the pulpit the next morning and then back to Bergen later in the day.

Any recommendations on where to stay in Stavenger? Do not need anything fancy just a place to sleep as I want to be out exploring the city and the area around it.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
1. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

Keep in mind that July 28-31 is when the Tall Ships Race is in Stavanger this year. Generally any hotel in the city centre is good, but check out TA for reviews. I live in Stavanger, but I'm not very familiar with budget accomodation here.

Altoona, IA
2. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

I was told that there was another celebration in Norway the 29 and 30th. I know that there is a hostel there but it is outside of the city and not sure what transportation is like to get into Stavenger and then how to get to the point where the hike begins to the pulpit.

Any hep with transportation will also be appreaicated.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 19
3. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

For budget accommodation, check Rogalandsheimen Gjestgiveri (guest house).

Walking distance from the center of Stavanger and good reviews on TA: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Web page: www.rogalandsheimen.no/default.asp…

Altoona, IA
4. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

Just booked a room for July 24 at Best Western Stavanger Hotell in the city center. I would like to get up early Monday morning, July 25 and head up to climb the pulpit. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from the hotel to the trail head and then back.

If anyone has access to the bus schedule from Stavange to Bergen for july 24 and 25 I would appreciated knowing the times. I would like to take a late afternoon bus back to Bergen on the 25. I am sure there are not as many buses on Sunday the 24 from Bergen to Stavanger. Also what else should I make time to see while I am in Stavanger as I hope to have some extra time either on Sunday after arriving or on Monday after the pulpit and before leaving for Bergen.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
5. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

Hi,

Do you mean Best Western Havly Hotel? In that case it is a short walk to the dock where you start your journey to the Pulpit Rock with a ferry before you continue on the bus to Preikestolhytta. The official tourist website for Stavanger provides the information you are looking for.: www.regionstavanger.com/en/Product/…

The hotel staff will also be able to guide you when you arrive and give you map and direction to the ferry dock. The walk from Havly hotel to the Tau ferry is 5-10 minutes.

You find the bus schedule for Kystbussen here: http://www.kystbussen.no/default.aspx

However, the schedule for the summer is not published yet. You can do a dummy booking for a another Sunday closer in time and you will see that you have many departures (11). No need to worry about the departures for this bus as it is frequent even on Sundays. It will be the same when you are here in July.

Stavanger is a lovely town. My favorites are listed in reply #1 in this thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190455-i550-k4214…

Looks like you just miss two of the major events in Stavanger this summer: the food festival and the Thall Ships Race: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190511-i2080-k412…

Hope this helps!

Pippi

Altoona, IA
6. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

Greetings it's me again. I am trying to purchase tickets for my travels after Stavenger etc. I am wondering if I took an early ferry to Tau say between 7 and 7:30 would here be a bus that runs that early to take me to the start point to hike to pulpit rock. I have been trying to find a time table for times leaving Stavenger and also times that the ferry comes back to Stavenger without much success.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 19
7. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

I think all possible connections are listed in the time table here: www.regionstavanger.com/en/Product/…

8. Re: Stavenger Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, May 23, 2012