We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alesund for a day

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Alesund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 85
Alesund for a day

Hi, I am coming in on a cruise ship and would love to climb the stairs to Aksla lookout. Can you tell me if there is some map from the cruise port, or how to get to where the stairs start? Also, I would love to know if there are any private guides in the area? I love hiring a local to show us around and learn a bit about the areas we are visiting.

Thank you for any advice.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: Alesund for a day

There will always be info on the ports onboard and also staff to help you out.

When a cruiseliner arrives in smalltown Ålesund, I fear all guide services will be booked by the ship. Unofficial local guides do not exist in Norway.

Edited: 2:31 am, June 25, 2013
2. Re: Alesund for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Alesund