We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alesund to Andalsnes

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Alesund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockville, MD
reviews: 20
Alesund to Andalsnes

I'm trying to figure out if there's a direct bus from Alesund to Andalsnes, what the schedule and fare are, and where the bus terminals are in each town. The Nettbuss site is a little confusing and most of the pages are not displayed in English. Can anyone provide this information?

Also, has anyone taken the train from Andalsnes to Oslo? Is it as spectacular as I've heard?

Thanks!!

60 replies to this topic
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 19
1. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

There are direct buses from Ålesund to Åndalsnes, summer timetable here: 177mr.no/public_files/docs/Aalesund-Aandalsn…

Four daily departures, departures at 06:45 and 13:45 correspond with train to Dombås and Oslo. In Ålesund the bus departs from the bus terminal, Keiser Wilhelms gate 6, in Åndalsnes stop at the railway station. Fare should be approximately NOK 210.

Sandefjord, Norway
reviews: 273
2. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

As regards the Oslo-Åndalsnes train, it is the part from Dombås to Åndalsnes - Called RAUMABANEN - which is scenic.

Have a look here http://www.raumabanen.com/ - you will also find a video at this site, and more videos of "Raumabanen" are found on Youtube, to give you a visual impression.

Rockville, MD
3. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Thank you both so much for your help. We're really excited about visiting Norway for the first time in a few weeks!

World
reviews: 2
4. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Have a nice trip!

Rockville, MD
5. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

We had a great time. And yes, we did take the bus from Alesund to Andalsnes, and then the spectacular Rauma Railway to Dombas. Everything worked out as planned except for one minor glitch...the bus did not take credit cards and we didn't have enough cash! Fortunately, the bus driver was nice enough to take us to the next town where I ran into a 7-11, found an ATM machine and got some cash to continue our journey!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
6. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

Thanks for returning with some feedback, and nice to see that you enjoyed your visit to Norway !

msia
7. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

hey, guys, i tried to view ur pdf file. but i couldn't.

I also have the same problem, how can i buy the bus ticket from Andalsnes to Alesund? And, from Andalsnes Station, how to get to the bus station to get off oto Alesund?

Thank you.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
8. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

The bus time table seems to have changed location/address since it was posted. Here is one that works now: …reiseinfo.no/ruter/r/23-583.aspx

You buy the bus ticket from the driver when you board the bus, have cash available. Buses depart from right outside the train station in Åndalsnes.

msia
9. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

thank you very much... but ican't read norwegian. i can see there is lot departure time from Andalsnes. 1345, 1355, 1430...

so, i don't need to pre-book? the ticket shouldn't sold out right?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
10. Re: Alesund to Andalsnes

It is not possible to book tickets in advance on local buses. If a bus is full, a second bus will be provided.

There are buses corresponding with all train arrivals, you really don't need to worry about the time table.

Reply to: Alesund to Andalsnes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alesund