We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway Itinerary

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Norway Itinerary

My husband and I will be going to Helsinki in June (for a work conference) but when it's over, we'd like to take some time to see Norway too. I had planned to spend about 5 days in Norway. I know I want to see the Viking ship museum, some scenic highlights (maybe the Oslo-Bergen train or Norway In A Nutshell tour?), and the Midnight Sun/Arctic circle area. Can anyone suggest which attractions/cities/etc should not be missed. Is 5 days long enough to do all the things I want to do? Any suggestions on itinerary would be greatly appreciated!!

Connecticut
reviews: 33
1. Re: Norway Itinerary

How about an overnight ship from Helsinki to Stockholm and then a day in Stockholm to see the Vasa and Gamla Stan (old town). I would then move on to Oslo for the Viking ship museum and the other ships in the area. From Norway, taken the Norway in a Nutshell, possibly stopping overnight near Flam. Allow one day in Bergen to see the Hanseatic Museum and enjoy the scenery.

My favorite guidebook for the area is Rick Steves' Scandinavia. You can see some exerpts from it here:

ricksteves.com/plan/…scan_menu.htm

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
2. Re: Norway Itinerary

To do all you wish 5 days is not enough.

Norway has got long distances between the sights and attractions you will include, and most probably you will have to choose between the southern part (Oslo, Bergen and the fiords) and the northern (north of the Arctic Circle to see the midnight sun).

To see Oslo and Bergen, combined with the Norway in a nutshell tour, will require your 5 days.

3. Re: Norway Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 20, 2009