We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship location

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sandwich, United...
reviews: 41
Cruise ship location

Hi

Does anyone know where a cruise ship will dock in Bergen, is it close to the centre. I would like to go to the historic wharf and ideally the fish market, will these be close by as my husband has walking difficulties.

Also I think I read there is a hop on hop off bus, would this be recommended. We are only in town for a day then off to the fjords.

Thanks

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: Cruise ship location

You might dock at the peir just along from Bryggen, which will be perfect for you as what you're looking for is a short walk. Or you might dock over the other side, which is up hill then along the main drag to the harbour - most likely your cruise line will lay on a bus if this is the case

Oslo
reviews: 60
2. Re: Cruise ship location

Most cruise ships dock next to Bryggen (Old Wharf):

…blogspot.com/_07kyMt9tSgg/…bergen.jpg

From there you can easily walk anywhere, in particular around the oldest part of town from the castle (historical capital of Norway) and through the quirky streets around funicular station. Øvregaten/Lille Øvregaten (behind Bryggen) is probably Norway's oldest street still in use.

Don't have high expectations about the fish market.

Bergen, Norway
reviews: 77
3. Re: Cruise ship location

All medium to small cruisers dock at Skolten/Bontelabo which is very close to the old wharf (Bryggen) - easy walk. You will also find the hop on/off bus at Bryggen. Next to the fish market which is still in use,the Torghall opened this summer. There you will find a nice fishmarket at the ground floor as well as the tourist information at the first floor.

The very big cruisers dock at the opposite side of the city centre , approximately ten to fifteen min. walk to the main square.

Have a nice day in Bergen.

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 110
4. Re: Cruise ship location

Our ship docked a little way out of the town but there was a free coach service running all day long. The old part of the ciry is quite compact and near the fish market - which I thought was fascinating!

There is a hop on and off bus tour and also a little Noddy train trip (from the old town).

Sandwich, United...
reviews: 41
5. Re: Cruise ship location

Thank you to everyone for their help and advice

6. Re: Cruise ship location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 25, 2013