We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from bergen to geiranger

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
from bergen to geiranger

What is the best way to go to Geiranger from Bergen?

In Geiranger you can take a cruis to Hellesylt. But I've read dissenting opinion about this trip (too muche turistic in summer, chaotic, Hellesylt not so beautiful, etc.) What do you think about it? I can't spend lot of money for a cruise, but I've seen on some websites that this cruise costs only NOK 125. Is Geiranger really the most beatiful fjord of Norway? There are other spectacular fjord near Bergen that offers a cheap cruise service?

Thank you! (I'll probably go there in August, I hope)

Oslo
reviews: 61
1. Re: from bergen to geiranger

Geiranger is great, but there numerous other fjords that are equally nice. Aurlandsfjord (Flåm) and Nærøyfjord (Gudvangen) are easily reached from Bergen and similar to Geiranger. Hardangerfjord (with its smaller branches Eidfjord, Sørfjord etc) is also great and close to Bergen.

A cruise from Bergen to Geiranger (see Hurtigruten website), is a very nice way to get there but takes time.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: from bergen to geiranger

Thank you! I'll look for information about the destination you' ve suggested to me.

3. Re: from bergen to geiranger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 15, 2009