We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flam-Laerdal-Borlund Stave church and express boat

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Bergen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Flam-Laerdal-Borlund Stave church and express boat

My wife and I arrive in Flam Sept 6 at 2:30pm. We leave on the Flam Express boat Sept 7 at 3:30pm. We want to visit the Borlund Stave church. If we stay in Laerdal night of Sept 6, take taxi to Stave church, and then on to Flam along Hwy 6, will there be enough time? Are taxi's available and price?

Or is it better to stay in Flam area, and take taxi to stave church and back the same day sept7?

Is ferry boat from Flam to Laerdal available to match our schedule?

Thank you

Oslo
reviews: 60
1. Re: Flam-Laerdal-Borlund Stave church and express boat

From Flåm it is perhaps a bit far to Borgund (and back) by taxi.

Taxis are available, but you need to order (perhaps in advance).

I am not sure if I understand your schedule, but if you are staying 25 hours in Flåm and/or Lærdal there is plenty of time.

Borgund-Flåm is some 40-50 min by car, 50-60 min by bus.

There is only express boat (tourist route) between Lærdal and Gudvangen (Flåm's neighbor):

http://old.fjord1.no/en/default.asp?page=1668

2. Re: Flam-Laerdal-Borlund Stave church and express boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 pm, October 07, 2009