We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trondheim hop on hop off bus

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Trondheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 58
Trondheim hop on hop off bus

I understand there is a HOHO in Trondheim which takes in all the sights. Is it worth taking this bus or would it be better to walk? We are in the city for just one day from a cruise and want to make the most of our time there.

Any tips, advice or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 17
1. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

Most of the attractions in Trondheim are in the central part of town, Midtbyen, I would recommend walking between all of these. The most important sights outside the center are the open-air Museum of Cultural History at Sverresborg and the Music Museum at Ringve. You may use the HO HO bus to get to these or you may take regular local buses, 18 to Sverresborg and 3 or 4 to Ringve. The HO HO bus doesn't tell us where it stops and in which order, very annoying.

You may find some information about the sights in Trondheim at the tourist web site, but unfortunately it is not well organized, all sorts of places and events are mixed up including many far from Trondheim: www.visittrondheim.no/en/tourist/see-do/

Habich
reviews: 6
2. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

Hei! Is there a bus from the cruise terminal to the Center of town. Because of bad legs, not because we are lazy. We would like to save our legs for Sightseeing and not too much tara.

Takk

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway
reviews: 17
3. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

Yes, bus lines 19 and 46 will take you from Brattøra, where the cruise dock is, to the center. Dep. every 30 and every 20 min.

Habich
4. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

Tusen Takk!! Do you know the cost??? I know, I'm annoying ;-)

Habich
5. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

Thank you!!! I mean, Tusen Takk!!! I found the answer on the AtB-Site. The Transportation site for Trondheim. Seek and yee shall find.

England
reviews: 58
6. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

Our cruise line provided free shuttle buses into the centre of Trondheim. There was no prior notification until the evening before we were due to arrive there, but there were plenty of buses and they ran backwards and forwards every 15 minutes while our ship was in port. I understand this is a service provided by most of the cruise lines so you may not need to worry about local buses. It is quite a walk from where the ships dock into the centre of town and we were all very grateful for the courtesy shuttles, made all the more enjoyable by a trip through a fantastic underground road system, the like of which none of us had ever seen before!

Habich
7. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

We are one a small line, so we will see. Thank you so much for your Info. It would be great, if we can do that!

8. Re: Trondheim hop on hop off bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014