We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
reviews: 4
Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

Hello, everybody!

My husband and me are going to Oslo for Christmas, could you suggest some not crazy-expensive restaurants that would be open on 24th-25th? And could you also suggest what to do in Oslo on those dates as I have no idea... and it seems that all the sights and places of interest would be closed :(((

Thanks in advance!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

Most restaurants are closed - you will find a list of open ones on Oslo Tourist Board official web site - there are one or two but please verify as some of them may be bars only.

visitoslo.com/VisitOslo/…202012.pdf

Edited: 6:07 am, December 20, 2012
Vienna, Austria
2. Re: Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

Thank you very much for that link! May I also ask if any shops are open on 24th (and what time do they close on 23d?)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
3. Re: Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

You will find the info needed here

visitoslo.com/en/…

Vienna, Austria
4. Re: Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

Thanks and sorry to bother you!

Merry Christmas :)!!!

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
5. Re: Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

The tourism website might recommend that shops are closed on the 23rd. In fact most shops will be open for a limited number of hours.

Those that are open will most likely be open between 2pm and 8pm. Some shops will also be open until 2pm on the 24th.

Also note that many hotels with restaurants will keep it open for hotel guests, but this need to be checked with the hotel you're staying in.

In addition many ethnic restaurants (Chinese, Thai, Kurdish, Indian etc) will be open, but not listed on the tourism website.

This blog seem to have found several more that are open that VisitOslo:

…tyggo.no/post/37706037980/restauranter-apen…

6. Re: Christmas in Oslo (24-25 of December)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 22, 2013