We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Norway

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Oslo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Christmas in Norway

Hi, I am wondering if anything is open over Christmas in Oslo? We are arriving from London on the 24th and are a bit worried that nothing will be open!

england
reviews: 3
1. Re: Christmas in Norway

hi Lori jai, I am awaiting a reply to this with bated breath since I'm traveling on the 23rd and was wondering the same thing myself. I have heard that In Norway the 24th is xmas day so maybe not.

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 105
2. Re: Christmas in Norway

Hi

On Christmas eve the stores will be open until mayb 3 pm. After that most regular stores will close down and they will also be closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I'm not sure about resturants and stuff.

Regards

Gard

Oslo
reviews: 30
3. Re: Christmas in Norway

Some restaurants will be open and some will be closed. It is not like any other Saturday in Norway.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 63
4. Re: Christmas in Norway

How about shops and restaurants on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day? And is there a New Year's Holiday in lieu on Monday 2 January as in the UK?

Is New Year's Eve a big pub/club night?

Oslo
reviews: 30
5. Re: Christmas in Norway

Shops will close at 12 or maybe 13 on New Years Eve. Most will be closed on New Years Day except for delis and concinience stores. 2 of January is a normal day.

As for restaurants many are closed because of private parties. There is however several parties on New Years Eve, try searching the net. Most Norwegians go to private parties for food and fireworks as well as drinks...

London
6. Re: Christmas in Norway

Thank you very much for your help!