We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso - Cash budget for trip

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool UK
reviews: 8
Tromso - Cash budget for trip

Hi

My husband and I are off to Tromso next Friday for a week.

We are staying in a hotel on a B&B basis and have booked and paid for our tours/activities up front.

I'm trying to figure out how much cash to take with us for things such as lunch/dinner and souvenirs etc.

I know Norway is expensive compared to the UK and I'm prepared for that but I'm struggling to find out prices for eating out etc so I can gauge how much we'll need roughly per day.

Anyone with any knowledge/experience please help?

Thanks!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: Tromso - Cash budget for trip

Bus fare on a local bus is about the only thing you need to pay for in cash. Everything else can be paid by card.

As for restaurant prices, see previous topic and visit restaurant web sites - many have a menu with prices on their site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190475-i2314-k714…

Edited: 4:33 am, January 25, 2014
Liverpool UK
reviews: 8
2. Re: Tromso - Cash budget for trip

Many thanks for your reply :-)

Charmouth, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Tromso - Cash budget for trip

Budget for double UK prices for eating out in Norway, and the same for alcohol.

You should already have found that accommodation prices in Norway are quite reasonable and about the same as the UK for the same standard.

4. Re: Tromso - Cash budget for trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2015