We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso Snow ?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Tromso Snow ?

I seem to be reading snow is low at the moment (or I just haven't mastered google searching yet!!). I have a dog sled excursion booked for the weekend 12/13th Jan. What happens if there is insufficident snow ?

Whaley Bridge...
reviews: 114
1. Re: Tromso Snow ?

Depending on who you are booked in with, I believe that they either use a wheeled sled instead so that you can still ride with the dogs, or else the tour is not possible... probably a question best directed to the company that you have booked with to be 100% certain?

Looking at a ten day forecast for Tromso, it does seem to have warmed up a bit since we were there last month! :-(

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
2. Re: Tromso Snow ?

We have got some fresh snow during christmas, and it`s white all over.

But, I think only two of 3 dogsledding companies runs the tours...

The facts:

Lyngsfjord Adventure / Camp Tamok:

Location in the mountains at the inland in the mountains, close to the Swedish border, so they have great conditions.

Arctic Adventure Tours:

Location on Kvaløya where the snow conditions are different from place to place, but what I have heard, they are driving to the mainland where they have ok conditions.

Villmarkssenter:

Location on Kvaløya. What I have heard, they have canelled in a long time now.

But, the best you can do; Contact the company you have booked with, so thne you will get updated information!

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
3. Re: Tromso Snow ?

About warmer temperatures, it`s quite normal, so the snow conditions until January are very strange...

The real snow winter are not normally before in February to April.

Last spring we got 75 cm in April and 50 cm in may too, so good skiing conditions to mid-June..;)

London, United...
4. Re: Tromso Snow ?

Thanks - fingers crossed then. Have goggled numerous so called weather websites and it ranges from +3 to -16 for the same day. Dont think I'll trust those then ha ha.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
5. Re: Tromso Snow ?

As cold as minus 16 on the coast would be very rare. Here the Norwegian weater forecast - reasonably reliable for short term forecasts.

yr.no/place/…

6. Re: Tromso Snow ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, January 06, 2014