We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tromso to Kiruna

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Tromso to Kiruna

Hi everyone, Happy New Year! :)

I will be coming to Tromso towards the end of Feb and from there have plans to go to Kiruna.

I understand that I need to take a bus from Tromso to Navnik and then a train from Navnik to Kiruna.

Is there a link where I can check bus and train time tables for this route? I have tried searching online, but cant seem to find it. I will be leaving Tromso on Sunday.

I've been reading forums and some say there are 3 buses available on Sunday and in some cases it seems that no buses leave on Sunday. Would really appreciate some clarification :))

Thank you :))

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
reviews: 103
1. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

Google is your friend...Click on bus 100. "7" indicate Sunday. tromskortet.no/Ruter/…Default.aspx

Jernbanestasjonen = Train Station

Dep Tromsø--Arr Narvik (Sundays)

10:00 -- 14:10 (train station)

16:00 -- 20:10 (bus station)

19:15 -- 23:25 (bus station)

However, this timetable is only valid until January 6th 2013, the new schedule has not been published yet.

The only place to look for train timetables is www.nsb.no

Edited: 11:06 pm, December 28, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

Thank u so much :)

Are we able to purchase/pre-book the tickets online? We tried booking from that website but don't seem to be able to do so

Also, do u know how much it costs?

Thanks so much again :)

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
3. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

Sorry, my mistake the timetable from Jan 7th are on the same page. Same departure times, however please note the timetable say that none of the buses stop at the train station on Sunday. I'm not sure what the walking distance is, probably not far.

Edited: 12:30 am, December 29, 2012
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
4. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

You can book train tickets online from 90 days prior to departure on www.nsb.no this site wil also give you the ticket price.

Bus tickets, simply buy from the driver when you board the bus.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
5. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

Actually, the train tickets between Narvik and KIruna are best booked on the Swedish Railways web site - www.sj.se.

Narvik Amfi to Narvik Railwaystation is 1,6 km - uphill ! A bit odd that the buses do not stop at the station - it stops at Rådhuset (town hall) which is closer to the station . Please use travel planner at http://www.177nordland.no clik on bus number to reveal all stops.

Please try and use google maps to calculate distances.

Edited: 2:24 am, December 29, 2012
Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
6. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

Yeah, my mistake on the train website - thanks for the correction Klima!

7. Re: Tromso to Kiruna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 04, 2014