We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Tromso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Postojna, Slovenia
reviews: 33
How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

Hello!

We are travelling to Tromso this Thursday and will stay there till Tuesday morning. I`m looking at the weather predictions and it doesn`t look good at all... Do you think we have the slightest chance of seeing the northern lights? We`ll have a car, so driving inland isn`t a problem if the weather is better there...

I guess I need just a bit of consolation... :)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

yr.no/place/…long.html

The alternate rain and snow could make driving conditions difficult. But it could be drier inland.

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
2. Re: How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

Please, never trust a weather forecast here in the Arctic!!

It`s changing from minute to minute... so, it`s better to be here, and drive to the best weather..;)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
3. Re: How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

Well ot course the weather forecast is a forecast and should naturally be taken with a grain of salt. On the other hand, it is the only guideline available, reliable or not. Our private joke is that the forecast is always accurate when bad weather is predicted. And anyway, a long term forecast is always just an educated guess. A 3 day forecast could be reasonably accurate, but when the weather is variable like now, one could always hope that they are horribly wrong. Anyway, have a nice trip whatever the weather.

Postojna, Slovenia
reviews: 33
4. Re: How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

Thank you, I needed that! :)

I guess huskies will run, no matter the weather.

I`m so excited!

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
5. Re: How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

All activities goes, also in bad weather, the dogs too..;)

And if the weather forecast shows bad at the coast, it`s normally better at the country side, and vice versa...

6. Re: How`s the weather up there in Tromso...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 22, 2012