We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Narvik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 98
Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

Hello,

My sister and I are travelling to Norway this winter and we would like to find a way to get to Narvik from Fauske or Bodo. I have read something about a bus line 720 , but all the posts dated from a few years ago and I cannot find anything on the coach website.

Help please? :)

Thanks !

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
1. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

The 720-service is still in effect. Two daily departures from Bodo: 7:15 and 15:15 (16:45 on Sundays) - arrival in Narvik 6h 15m later. The bus has Sortland stated on the front as destination - for Narvik there is a change of bus at Bognes - http://www.177nordland.no/?dfi=3_Salten.pdf

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 98
2. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

Brilliant ! thank you so much ! :D

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
3. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

I do not actually think you have to change buses, the travel planner says no changes.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
4. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

klima: The schedule that I linked to state: "Bussen er merket Sortland, omstigning til Narvik på Bognes" / "The bus is marked Sortland, reboard to Narvik at Bognes"

Bognes is a ferry port with ferries going to Skaberget (E6 to Narvik) and Lodingen (85 to Sortland)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
5. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

OK, see your point. Footnote is then valid if travelling from Bodø I suppose and departure from Fauske is a different matter.

London, United...
6. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

can someone please tell me whether this is a mountainous journey? thanks.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
7. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

No, the Fauske-Bodø stretch is not mountainous or through a mountain pass. There are always mountains in the vicinity though.

London, United...
8. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

thanks

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
9. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

I will call it a "mountain trip", just because is going over some small mountains pass, via some nice valley, along the fjords and via tunnels. The area around Tysfjord, where you will join a ferry is fabolous re: Mountains all around. Thate area is very special, and if you have time, take a extra day in this area..;)

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
10. Re: Bus between Fauske/Bodo and Narvik

To AlexJones: I see that you are from Hamburg, Germany. Do you have plan to take train all the way to Bodø and then bus further north..?

I am asking, just because if you like a cheaper and faster trip you could fly; Please check out http://norwegian.com who fly from Hamburg.

You are writing that you will do this trip in the winter time... just think about from October to January it`s quite dark up here, with only 3-4 hrs daylight, when it`s clear weather, so most of the journey you will see one thing; Darkness...

This for yours information!