We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Mo i Rana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?

Hello, I book the train from Oslo to bodo for minipris. But now I found up that it is much cheaper to rent a car in Mo I Rana than in Bodo. So Is it possible to leave the train in Mi i Rana? And also if I buy tickets from Bodo to Bergen, it is cheaper than I would buy them from Mo i Rana.

And about rent a car. I found up the best value by http://www.visitnorway.com/ from Monday to Sunday for 250Euro. (august) Is there any better rent a car in Mo i rana or Bodo?

And last question, which one day trip would you reccomend me in mo i rana. Thank you so much

4 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?

Yes, all trains stop at Mo i Rana. The discounted rail tickets cost the same from whatever starting point, but they double in price for each stopover. Bodø or Mo i Rana to Bergen will be via Trondheim and Oslo.

Where you rent your car depends on where you are going and what you plan to do.

Mo i Rana is not a tourist place, it is an industrial town. Sorry, I would not know of any daytrips. Maybe the local tourist office could help you.

www.visithelgeland.com/en/mo-i-rana.html

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
reviews: 23
2. Re: Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?

EUR 250 for one week car hire is very cheap for Norway. I tried making a dummy booking myself through visitnorway but couldn't find out what the excess on the included CDW insurance was nor the cost of supercover to reduce this. Has this information been made clear to you in the booking confirmation? If not I suggest you check directly with Avis (that seemed to be the only company visitnorway used in Mo i Rana so I assume you are renting through them as well), check also if there are any other unexpected charges - better to be forewarned!

Tromso, Norway
reviews: 8
3. Re: Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?

Please check this map - http://goo.gl/maps/4b7MM

Drive south to Sandnessjøen, and spend your time on coast of Helgeland and road nr. 17 to north a long the coast, and then the short cut back to Mo i Rana over the main road E6.

Falmouth
reviews: 52
4. Re: Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?

With minipris tickets, it pays to make as long a journey as possible on one ticket; e.g.Bergen to Bodo cost me NOK 299 for the whole journey although three trains were involved. The down side was that on arrival at one of the change points, I had to catch the next train over the next section; if you want to look at intermediate towns, you must buy separate tickets.

Reply to: Does the every train from trondheim to bodo stop in MoIRana?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mo i Rana
More Mo i Rana Topics