We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winterpark

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Lillehammer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 52
Winterpark

Hi, has anyone any reviews of the new Winterpark near Lillehammer? I am thinking of visiting there next week - 2 adults, 2 kids - 7 year old + 3 year old. I like the idea that there seems to be a lot to do in one location, and if everything is actually as good as they look on their web page, it might be worth the family admission price NOK680/EUR84.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
1. Re: Winterpark

I can't find any reviews in this forum, but if you look up this link there are some photos and reviews of other Olympic attractions in and around Lillehammer:

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g190462-Lillehammer_…

Dublin
2. Re: Winterpark

Thanks for that. However, there is no mention of the above attraction. It only opened in early Jan 07, and has restrictive opening hours.

In summertime, this park becomes a very different theme park.

So if anyone has actually been to the winter version of it, I'd love to hear what they thought of it.

Dublin, Ireland
3. Re: Winterpark

i have been and found it extremely beautiful.

its breath taking for adults so for children its just fasinating.

In the winterpark- there is so much to do for the kids.

they have an ice cathedral & ice bar- which wasnt open when i visited in Dec.

The is also a skytrail-whcih is an obstacle course for the older kids or in our case young at heart adults! its fantastic but very difficult.

The fairytale castle and palace s amazing.

its a little tour by train through a cave like room. with all stories about ancient fairytales of norway.

I really enjoyed it and i went as a large group of adults!

whom were all in awe of what we saw.

The staff are brillant there and make your visit so enjoyable.

i throughly reccommend it especially because you have the young children. they will love it no doubts about it.

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: Winterpark

i have been and found it extremely beautiful.

its breath taking for adults so for children its just fasinating.

In the winterpark- there is so much to do for the kids.

they have an ice cathedral & ice bar- which wasnt open when i visited in Dec.

The is also a skytrail-whcih is an obstacle course for the older kids or in our case young at heart adults! its fantastic but very difficult.

The fairytale castle and palace s amazing.

its a little tour by train through a cave like room. with all stories about ancient fairytales of norway.

I really enjoyed it and i went as a large group of adults!

whom were all in awe of what we saw.

The staff are brillant there and make your visit so enjoyable.

i throughly reccommend it especially because you have the young children. they will love it no doubts about it.

Dublin
5. Re: Winterpark

Thanks Dubgirl85! Flying out tomorrow, and needless to say, all excited!

Dublin
6. Re: Winterpark

Unfortunately, I did not have a great experience here. Could have been worse, but could have been better.

I have posted a review of my experience under attractions in Lillehammer - Hunderfossen Amusement Park

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
7. Re: Winterpark

Hi Dublinlocal,

Sorry to hear about your accident, and your experience in the Winterpark. However, it looks like you enjoyed your stay in Lillehammer with great accomodation.

I believe that your experience in the Winterpark is mostly due to the fact that it is their first season.

Thanks for the reviews !

8. Re: Winterpark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 23, 2009