We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norway in a Nutshell- Which tour?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Norway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 44
Norway in a Nutshell- Which tour?

Hello,

I'm going to be in Norway for roughly 5 days in mid/late June and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice as to which tour packs in the best scenery? I'm sure they are all amazing, but unfortunately will only have time for one tour. Also, if anyone has done this tour in late June/early July, could you provide some advice as to what to pack? Are sneakers necessary? I've read wearing sneakers in Europe screams "tourist," but is Norway an exception for your comfort & safety of walking and even the easy hikes?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
1. Re: Norway in a Nutshell- Which tour?

What tours do you have in mind ? Are you planning for a multi-day tour of Norway in a Nutshell ?

I would not worry about footwear - you need something comfortable and Norway is VERY informal. Besides, there will be mostly tourists on these trips anyway.

Edited: 9:42 am, April 29, 2014
Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 44
2. Re: Norway in a Nutshell- Which tour?

Great, thanks for your advice, I will definitely be bringing my sneakers. Ideally I'm looking for one-full day tour, yes. I was thinking either the Norway in a Nutshell or the Hardangerfjord in a Nutshell. Both are within the same price-range and within the same time frame (8-10 hrs). Looking now, it says the Norway in a Nutshell is the best seller. Any recommendations? This is my first time to Norway and Europe.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
reviews: 35
3. Re: Norway in a Nutshell- Which tour?

They both take you to the fjords. NiN is more popular because it includes the Nærøyfjord which is on the Unesco world heritage list. It also tends to be more busy.

Reply to: Norway in a Nutshell- Which tour?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted