In my previous post I mentioned I booked the tickets to Norway. We will be flying to Bergen on June, 13 and coming back from Oslo, on June 30. So we have 15 full days.
I have been reading books and forums, and so far I am little lost on how to build my iteneries.
I kind identified areas we would be interested to see, but I really need your help to build a plan. Here is what I was thinking (a lot of it based on Lonely Planet suggestions):
1. Arrive to Bergen
2. Spend a day in Bergen
3. Take Norway in Nutshell roundtrip from Bergen (Here I am not sure what to do - it makes sense to brake this route here to to stay around Sognefjord more days instead of backtracking here later. We could stay in Ballestrand, or Stalheim, but it would be nice to have a car. Not sure where to rent a car here)
4. Rent a car in Bergen, Go to Hardangerfjord. (Not sure here. 1-2 days?)
5-6. More time around Sognefjord if we do not stay there during Norway in Nutshell (in Ballestrand,Stalheim or around). Can we drive to Ballestrand?
I am also interested in Jotunheimen National park, but I am not sure how to accomplish this.
7. Come back to Bergen, and get on Hurtigruten northbound
8. Alesund by Hurtigruten. Take Geirangerfjord
trip from the ship
9. Trondheim by Hurtigruten
11. Arrive to Svolvær Hurtigruten
12-13- Lofoten islands
14. Hurtigruten to Tromso
15. Fly from Tromso to Oslo
16. Fly home
Anyway, this is not even a plan, just thoughts on what would be nice to do. I really looking for your suggestions on how to organize this better (what to include/what to exclude).
We would like to incorporate some scenic train rides, and some driving, and some boat time.
Thank you in advance for your help!!!