We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

legal advice for tourists in Vienna ?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna
legal advice for tourists in Vienna ?

My stay in Vienna has been a nightmare since day one I entered an apartment for rent, and now that I moved out the landlord did not give me my full security-deposit (=kaution) back; I have already seen a couple of lawyers and organisations who defend the tenants, but unfotunately to be told by them that they can not help me because my lease for the apartment was stipulated for a rental of 6 months maximum...

Even if I have to pay more for legal advice, I do not want these scam-artists landlords get away and still stealing more tourists !

Any recommenation would be so greatly appreciated,

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
1. Re: legal advice for tourists in Vienna ?

This is a travel information site not a legal referral service. I believe very few tourists rent apartments for 6 months.

If you have already been to several lawyers and a Tenants Group, I assume they have read your Lease Agreement and given you legal advice that you did not want to hear.

If you have vacated the apartment before the end of the term of the lease and without agreement of the Landlord, or damaaged the apartment he should be due some form of extra payment.

You should have read your lease carefully before signing it and again before vacating.

2. Re: legal advice for tourists in Vienna ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 26, 2009