We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 16
Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

I’m planning a 3 days 3 nights trip to Vienna during the US’s thanksgiving weekend. Looking for a few B&B places. One of them is located in the 3rd district not too far from Rochusgasse metro stop. It’s about $100 a night. Would like to see some thoughts from the Vienna expert if the location is too far to walk to all the tourist sights in the city center (1st district??) and if the weather would be very cold that I wouldn't enjoy walking from the place I'd be staying to the city center. I usually love walking around to explore the city when I travel and avoid public transit. I would love to also know that the room rate is a good deal considering it’s not in the city center or should I pay a bit more to stay at the city center. Thanks in advance for any insights!

5 replies to this topic
Milford, Ohio
reviews: 91
1. Re: Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

Can you provide the name of the place you are looking at?

Washington DC...
2. Re: Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

Hi KimBux,

It's actually thru Airbnb so it's by a private party and I only know about the neighborhood.

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 91
3. Re: Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

http://www.wien.gv.at/stadtplan/en/

Here is an interactive map of Vienna. On the left, you can enter the Ubahn stop mentioned - and then click the box for public transportation. You are proablay about 1K to 1.5K from the Ring. (The Ring circles the first district - City Center.) It's definitely walkable. You can walk to most all major tourist sites except Schonbrunn.

I will also be in Vienna over the US Thanksgiving Holiday. My sister and I leave for Vienna on Wednesday and return the follolwing Monday. We have been before during this time and have seen both colder weather and snow. We walk as much as we can. But, we also get a public transportation pass for times when we are jsut too tired to walk. It's pretty convenient to jump on a tram or ubahn and get back to your home base.

We normally stay in the city center at the Pension Aviano. This time we are staying at the InterContinental by Stadtpark.

Hope you have a great time in Vienna!

Washington DC...
4. Re: Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

KimBux. Thanks for the great info. I hope you have a great time there too!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
5. Re: Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.

If you want a budget but clean pension take a look at pension Kraml.Not directly in the city centre but there 2 underground lines nearby.

Grigoris

Reply to: Visting in the end of November. Questions on place to stay.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted