We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna airport transit

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iasi, Romania
Vienna airport transit

Hi,

I am flying from Iasi (Romania) to Paris (France) with Vienna as transit. My flight reaches at 16-50 in Vienna (OS 646) and the connecting flight is at 17:20 to Paris (OS 417). Both trips are in Austrian airlines. Do you think that this is sufficient time for flight change with usual formalities like boarding pass etc... Is airport very big??

Please reply.

3 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
1. Re: Vienna airport transit

Hi there,

Well you already will have the 2nd boarding card as both flights are on OS, and the airport is not that big, but you will have to pass Schengen Immigration/border control at the airport. There is an Express lane for short connections and you'd really need that, but if you miss the connection Austrian will put you on the next flight. And there's also a chance ground staff of Austrian will await you at the gate and rush you through to the next flight with express immigration check.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
2. Re: Vienna airport transit

Well, that's only a few minutes more than the minimum connecting time! In any case you need to rush to the gate where the flight to Paris leaves from!

London, United...
reviews: 447
3. Re: Vienna airport transit

You need to notify the flight attendants that you have a connecting flight so probably they let you leave the plane first although no guarantee.

I assume you have one-go ticket and the airline should be aware of the situation.

Reply to: Vienna airport transit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted