As part of a month-long trip to Europe this summer, I will be taking the train from Bratislava to Vienna, then on to Salzburg (after 3 nights in Vienna). For whatever reason, Vienna seems to confuse me as far as the multiple main train stations go, but I think I may have things at least mostly figured out now after a bit of research. However, I would like some feedback from the experts to make sure I’m on the right track and not missing anything.
- Bratislava Hlavna Station to Vienna HBF
- From Vienna HBF, take Underground to Hotel Stefanie at Taborstraße 12
- On Google Maps, it looks like closest station in named “Sudtiroler Platz” but the nice interactive map at http://www.wien.gv.at/stadtplan/en/ seems to indicate the same stop being now called “Hauptbahnhof”, which would make sense.
- It looks like that red line will take me directly all the way to the Schedenplatz stop, which is very close to my hotel.
- Vienna Westbahnhof to Salzburg HBF
- From Hotel Stefanie, board Underground Red line to Stephansplatz, change to U Orange line and take directly to Westbahnhof station
Does this seem like the most reasonable and effective route to take for this trip? Anything I’m missing?
Thanks in advance for your advice!