We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning Coffee

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morning Coffee

My family will be visiting Vienna and I am an early riser and a huge coffee fan. While I am sure we will visit many of the wonderful Cafe's in Vienna, I can't see a formal café experience every time I want a 6:00am coffee (while my family sleeps!). Any suggestions for great coffee with a "simpler" experience? I am not sure if the hotel where we are staying has a breakfast yet or not. Please no Starbucks or McDonald's (We have enough of that in Texas!!). Thanks!

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
1. Re: Morning Coffee

Vienna's tradition is not for a simple experience, but you CAN simply order coffee!

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 196
2. Re: Morning Coffee

Cafe Dreschler is open 24 hrs, except for Mon (opens at 8 am that day). I haven't tried it since I'm still focused on the cafés in the Innere Stadt. Plus I don't get up that early.

http://www.cafedrechsler.at/en/contact.php

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g190454-d81…

Edited: 6:59 pm, October 14, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 21
3. Re: Morning Coffee

We were staying above a bakery called Grimms, in Kurrentgasse (near Judenplatz, Inner stadt). Being from Melbourne, my coffee standards are very high, and Grimms did not dissappoint.

Good luck, and have a great trip.

Longmont, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Traveling with Pets
reviews: 21
4. Re: Morning Coffee

Where are you staying in Vienna?

Edited: 11:32 pm, October 14, 2013
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Ghana, Vienna
reviews: 4
5. Re: Morning Coffee

There are several bakery chains in Vienna with locations on just about every block. These bakeries (look for Strock, Anker, Der Mann, Backwerk) usually open early and serve perfectly fine coffee. Most true cafes will not open until a bit later.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 41
6. Re: Morning Coffee

AIDA opens on 7am. Café Drechseler isnt open 24hour any more. Or you get yourself an electric Bialetti and make ityourself.

7. Re: Morning Coffee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014