We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train station to hotel

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
train station to hotel

I will be traveling from Prague to Vienna by train and I was wondering if someone could kindly tell me the best way to get to

Hotel Am Schubertring :

Am Schubertring 11

I am a female who is traveling alone and I want the safest, easiest and cheapest way to get there.........I know........I am asking alot.

Thanks in Advance!

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 10
1. Re: train station to hotel

Which train station will you arrive at? There are two possibilities - Wien Sudbahnhof and Wien Westbahnhof.

I think most trains from Prague arrive at the Sudbahnhof - a very easy way to reach the hotel from there would be to hop on the D tram which starts right outside the door of the Sudbahnhof. If you get off at Schwarzenbergplatz, you'll be right on the Schubertring (the stops are announced over a loudspeaker in the tram). Cost 1,50 euros for a single ride (or you might want to buy a 24 hr or 72 hr ticket, 5 or 12 euros respectively). Tickets can be bought from the automatic machines which I think are inside the station arrival hall.

If you're coming from the Westbahnhof it's a bit more complicated and easiest probably to take a taxi - otherwise, I'd probably get the U3 to Stubentor (direction Simmering) and then hop on the no. 1 tram two stops to Schwarzenbergplatz. Cost 1.50 euros for the whole journey - only one ticket needed. If you've not got too much luggage, it's not bad taking the Ubahn - I usually do myself, travelling alone. There are lifts to the platforms in most station as well as escalators.

Rol

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
2. Re: train station to hotel

First of all, Vienna is a very safe place, women can walk by themselves without being disturbed. You can walk through every district, and public transport is mostly secure too. Nevertheless you have to obey to the common rules. There are a few places someone should not go to at night, especially women, because there is a slightly higher risk of getting disturbed. Vienna's Railway Station South, your probable arrival point in Vienna, is one of them.

I repeat, it's not dangerous - but strange people "live" there and sometimes get very close to people. It's an ugly place, I would like to hide it from visitors.

Pennsylvania
3. Re: train station to hotel

Thanks for the response. I am so excited.........I cannot wait until my trip............

San Francisco...
reviews: 31
4. Re: train station to hotel

Lucky duck, Vienna is a place where you will lose your heart. You will love that hotel location. It is very close to the Konzerthaus,and not far from the Staatsoper. Across the street is a nice cafe ,the Schwartzenberger. Just down the street is an indoor mall and there is a Billa grocery store in the basement. You can stock up on basics like water and snacks there. We have been to both Vienna and Prague and and the safety issue is like night and day. After spending a few hours at the Prague train station Mikey, arriving at the Sudbahnhof seemed like a resort. :)

Prague is where you need to be on guard ming5627, and all the time. We felt unsafe the entire time we were there. Just our opinion. Be sure and read the posts on that TA forum.

San Francisco...
reviews: 31
5. Re: train station to hotel

Just to clarify my previous post. Vienna felt VERY safe to us, day or night, anywhere we went. Sorry for my inability to clearly make that point.

Pennsylvania
6. Re: train station to hotel

Thank you for the advice. I have been reading all the posts in the Prague forum and I must say that I am getting a little nervous. I am not normally afraid to travel alone, but I am starting to worry if I made a good decision to go there alone. I was planning on staying in Prague for 6 nights then take the train to Vienna for 5 nights. Maybe I should cut down the time in Prague and stay longer in Vienna. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you for your advice and concern!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
7. Re: train station to hotel

You don't have to be afraid. I think the biggest problems are the thieves. Keep an eye on your belongings, and nothing will happen.

8. Re: train station to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 12, 2009