We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

I see beautiful palaces photos on the web but they're not museums, just used as private functions venues, so I wonder if there's any way one could visit them?

Vienna
reviews: 45
1. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

I fear Austria has many palaces and castles - many of them can be visited. Any specific one ? Which area ?

Tel Aviv, Israel
2. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

Palais Kaiserhaus, Wallnerstraße 3

Vienna
reviews: 45
3. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

I guess you must contact them if you can have a look around - they have a webpage with contact details.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
4. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

You have some opportunities-

especially along the Herrengasse - this runs from the Hofburg Palace toward Freyung.

This was formerly a favorite residential area for the Nobility having winter palaces there - much due to the closeness of the Imperial palace.

Many of these former palaces are now governmental buildings , private office space- often with a porter/ concierge to bar entry.

Kaiserhaus is close to herrengasse - the ground floor now shops if I remember correctly.

I doubt you could enter other areas - as with many others - large double doors to enter the courtyard - formerly for carriages

some to see

Palais Kinsky-

Freyung 4?

www.palais-kinsky.com now houses the Auction House Kinsky - you can walk in the courtyard and also inside and up a fine stairway to the Auction company facility- if an upcoming auction - you can walk through some rooms to view the offerings.

Close by on Herengasse -

Palais Ferstel and Harrach-- fine shopping courtyard- home to the Central Café on the corner

this was formerly the Vienna Stock Exchange many years ago.

Café nicely decorated - the close by shopping passage with central water fountain and some nice shops too.

vienna
Destination Expert
5. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

Just thought of another possibility

Palace Esterhazy - this one of the famous Esterhazy family in Vienna.

This between Wallnerstrasse - Naglergasse - Haarhof - close by the others noted above.

Much restoration in the past years - but some things still interesting -

notice family crest on the exterior - courtyard a restaurant - some shops too- but the most interesting to me -- the cellars - now the famous Esterhazy Heuriger.- also tables in the pedestrian area Haarhof.

Interesting to make the journey down the steep steps to the kellers-

interesting for a glass or two of wine- esterhazy estates wine. admire the brick structure-

some times some music.

Good place to see a little of Vienna life - a place where some older people of Vienna rarely leave-

www.esterhazykeller.at

Tel Aviv, Israel
6. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

Vertical, I do have all those on my list, and thank you for letting me know that I'll be able to walk inside some of those! But I'm referring now to those palais that are currently used as events venues, because the decor is just amazing. I happened to find myself inside one by mistake once, I've no idea where it was, and there was a very elegant event, I just went in and nobody threw me out, and it was one of the most beautiful things I saw in my life. Problem is those are private parties, otherwise I wouldn't mind paying to have a look inside. Maybe the viennesse would call it kitch, but to me the decoration is breathtakingly beautiful.

vienna
Destination Expert
7. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

Several other that may fit

Palais Niederosterreich - this on Herrengasse just across from ferstal / café Central- beautiful rooms fully renovated 5-7 years ago.

Constant series of events- this Palace is for the State Niederosterreich that surrounds Vienna. Ceilings are magnificent

Probably can just walk in during an event without much trouble

www.palais -niederoesterreich.at

Palais Palffy - venue for many tourist oriented concerts in the evenng- needs renovation but still interesting.

This across Josephplatz and Spanish Riding School.

Palais Auersperg

www.auersperg.com

venue for numerous tourist oriented concerts.

Was for dale - no idea what has happened - again needs some loving care.

Tel Aviv, Israel
8. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

Thank you vertical. I've added those now. I'll just try to get in and hope to get lucky.

9. Re: Palaces that are private events venues - how can I visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 06, 2014