We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expected dress code at a Vienna concert?

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
expected dress code at a Vienna concert?

I'm going to see the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra at the Theater an der Wien in May. I'm bringing my girlfriend. I've never been to anything like this before. What is the expected dress code for both of us? Thanks.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
1. Re: expected dress code at a Vienna concert?

Well many men will wear a suit and tie. But lots of tourists will have bought tickets and may not have shirt and tie with them. Some of them may even go in jeans. But so as not to feel under dressed I'd look at smart casual as a minimum - say dark trousers and a subdued top. Your girlfriend might like to think along similar lines - a cocktail dress or dark trousers.

Orlando, Florida
2. Re: expected dress code at a Vienna concert?

Smart casual, that's perfect, thanks again Norman.

3. Re: expected dress code at a Vienna concert?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 21, 2014