We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Treasury location please

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
punta gorda
reviews: 46
Help with Treasury location please

Hello - when I use Google Earth to locate Hofburg Treasury, I am directed to an area near the Imperial Palace, steet boundaries Michaelerplatz, Schauflerg. and Reitschulg. However, if I type in Schatzkammer, I am directed to a different area northeast of the Imperial Palace, street boundaries Fleishmarkt, Rotg., Fischhof and Bauermarkt. Are Schatzkammer and the Hofburg Treasury two different places? And which would be more likely to be an attraction one would visit? Thank you in advance for your help.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 41
1. Re: Help with Treasury location please

Google Maps is not correct. The treasury is inside an inner court.

Michaela Platz, pass through the Hofburg copola (left side Horse Riding school) , to the next court, enter through the RED DOOR on the left , pass through the 2nd inner court and there you are

I made a copy of the city map for you

…directupload.net/images/121129/vuh4jsor.jpg

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 253
2. Re: Help with Treasury location please

Great map

punta gorda
reviews: 46
3. Re: Help with Treasury location please

Thank you for the clarification and the map

4. Re: Help with Treasury location please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, December 17, 2013