We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shoes/boots

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
shoes/boots

Dear Friends, we arrive in Vienna on December 7. As Australians we aren't used to really cold weather (in Melbourne we sometimes think we are, but we aren't). For my own purposes, would reebok leather walking shoes with a strong rubber sole be adequate footwear? I am not so much worried about the cold as about slipping on footpaths/pavements should there be ice or snow. (We are staying in the centre.)

Thanks,

paul

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
155 reviews
1. Re: shoes/boots

I wouldn't worry too much.

Footpaths and pavements in the city centre are usually cleaned swiftlywhen necessary and chances that weather conditions in early-mid december are such that you'd need to be afraid of slippery pavements are very small.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: shoes/boots

Thank-you, that's reassuring!

3. Re: shoes/boots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 16, 2013