We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna to Budapest by rail

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elgin, United...
Vienna to Budapest by rail

Looking to travel to Budapest from Vienna on 14th July by Jetrail service out of Munich to Budapest via Vienna. Appreciate this is cross-border But having difficulty getting fares from Austrian rail company.(oebb).Raileurope quote E92 for two yet Mav-Start website quotes E26. Unfortunately final booking page is in Hungarian and I haven't completed the booking. Anyone got any experience of this company and does the fare sound right ?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
1. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

www.oebb.at

Make a query > Click on "tickets and prices"

When traveling from Austria to Hungary you need to book with ÖBB - and not MAV.

Elgin, United...
2. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

Thanks for that

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
3. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

Rail Europe prices are usually terrible, but €46 per person for Munich-Vienna-Budapest doesn't sound too bad!

Elgin, United...
4. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

appreciate your reply , thanks

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
5. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

I doubt very much whether rail europe can offer the journey at this price as this is less than the official price. Don't forget that they will also add a booking fee and a delivery fee. Don't use them.

Munich - Vienna €29 www.bahn.com

Vienna - Budapest €19 www.oebb.at

Kuala Lumpur...
6. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

hi GCEK, I'm also planning a trip this DEcember, 2012 from Vienna to Budapest.

you mentioned that from Vienna to Budapest is €19 from www.oebb.at.

But I have tried many time, I am confused with the wed site and i can't find the rate as you mentioned.

Could you please guide me .

Thank you

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
7. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

I just had a look and yes, there are tickets available for €19 in December, sometimes even less.

Bear in mind that the closer you get to Christmas the more chance there is of the discounted tickets being sold out - once the €19 tickets go, then the price goes up to €29 and so on.

You need to use this site https://ticketing.oebb.at/inet/pub/en/ticket

8. Re: Vienna to Budapest by rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 13, 2013