We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diets and restaurants

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Royal Wootton...
reviews: 14
Diets and restaurants

My wife is in the middle of a diet that involves shakedrinks and bars to replace meals.

We will be in Vienna this weekend with another couple, and will be eating in restaurants etc.

Will it be ok for my wife to ask for water to make a 'shake at the table, while the rest of us have a normal meal - will the restaurant mind ?

Thanks

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Diets and restaurants

Bringing your own food into a restaurant? I suggest she do her mixing at the hotel, and drink water at the restaurant.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
2. Re: Diets and restaurants

Do restaurants mind at home? I suspect each one will have its own policy. So expect the same in Vienna. I doubt anyone reading this will ever have asked a Viennese restaurant about this so you'll have to ask individual ones when you book.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 41
3. Re: Diets and restaurants

If you mention she has to take the shakes due to "health problems" most restaurants wont mind . Just dont mention it is a diet for loosing weight that would sound odd in restaurant (-_°) .

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
4. Re: Diets and restaurants

Hopefully the shake packaging won't make it glaringly obvious they're a dieting product!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 147
5. Re: Diets and restaurants

If you know which restaurant you'll be going to beforehand you should definitely mention about the medicative-shakes when making a reservation, this way you, your wife and the restaurant will feel more comfortable...

6. Re: Diets and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 22, 2013