We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sanford, North...
Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Hello. I will be in Vienna in July and am wondering....what are the 2 best days of the week to visit the Naschmarkt and why? Thank you for the information!

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Ghana, Vienna
reviews: 4
1. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Saturday - The flea market only happens on Saturday. Occurs at the Kettenbruckengasse end (farthest from Karlsplatz). Also on Saturday, area farmers set up stalls at the same end and sell local produce. Much better fresh produce from the local farmers than most of the permanent vendors. Downside to Saturday (especially in July), it will be hot and real crowded with tourists.

All other days, Monday - Friday are pretty much the same and I can't imagine one day would be better than the other. I'd say it depends on the weather at the time more than anything. You shoud note that the entire market is shut down on Sunday.

Tip - don't get sucked in by the vendors selling dried fruits and nuts. They lure you in with a free sample and before you know it you have a 30 Euro bag of something you really don't want. Best permanent vendors are at the Karlsplatz end of the market, just below the fish sellers. Find Gegenbauer which sells every type of vinegar you could imagine. Look for the sauerkraut guy too. Save time to eat lunch at one of the many cafes on the restaurant aisle (there are two aisles in the N'markt, one is vendors and one is cafes). Do-An and Neni are good.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 79
2. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Are you in Vienna for an age? Otherwise why would you want to visit twice unless you are self catering and stocking up on fresh supplies! But it's well worth a visit for a small part of one day.

Sanford, North...
3. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Thank you for the reply! I am trying to decide whether or not I should be in Vienna over the weekend or during the week. Based off of my schedule, I will leave either on Friday night or Saturday night.

Sanford, North...
4. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Thank you so much for the information. This is definitely the type of information I need to know so I don't spend more money than necessary : )

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 44
5. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Avoid the Saturday..too many people . Flea market is totally uninteresting.

Mostly junk sold there and a lot of pick pockets.

Much better is Friday. You have additional farmers coming in and less people.

Sanford, North...
6. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Thank you for the advice HuSanNiang!

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
7. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Dont forget to try out the food, restaurants , bar.

You will find all nationalities there and if it is warm

you can sit outside and enjoy your food , drink and the atmosphere.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 79
8. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

Sorry, the title of your post made me think you wanted to visit on 2 days when you're actually looking for the best day to visit. I personally don't like the flea market, but many do. If its your thing then go on Saturday, if not Friday's a bustling day as mentioned above.

Sanford, North...
9. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

No problem Norman. I probably could have worded my title better! I think I will probably go on Friday. Thank you again for the information.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
10. Re: Best 2 Days for Naschmarkt

If you have a sweet tooth

dont miss out on Konditorei Oberlaa which is on Naschmarkt / height oppositive Theater an der Wien

oberlaa-wien.at/de/…6-naschmarkt-175.html

or Chocolaterie - Patisserie Fruth in Kettenbrückengasse 20

http://www.fruth.at/

of course you have several very healthy whole grain bakeries like Gradewohl and otheres there too (-_^)