We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gasthaus Hansy

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murrysville, PA
reviews: 48
Gasthaus Hansy

We ate at the Gasthaus Hansy at Heinestrasse 42, 1020 Wien in Leopoldstadt last December on our first trip to Vienna. We enjoyed our traditional meals and the beer very much - I was just curious as to why it is not included in the Trip Advisor Restaurant listings. I suppose every restaurant can't be listed and it is somewhat out of the way.

Have any of the Vienna Experts eaten there?

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
1. Re: Gasthaus Hansy

It's there:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190410-…

It probably needs a few extra positive reviews to get it further up the list - you could help it on its way by reviewing it!

Murrysville, PA
reviews: 48
2. Re: Gasthaus Hansy

Thank you, Norman - I did a search and couldn't find it. I did just create a review - I look forward to visiting Gasthaus Hansy again in a few weeks.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 75
3. Re: Gasthaus Hansy

It's often been mentioned in the forum as a recommended restaurant in the Prater area. Suppose it's a bit off the tourist trail - those who travel to the Prater by U-bahn don't pass it. I have to confess that I've never been there - something I will have to rectify!

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
4. Re: Gasthaus Hansy

Hansy itself has been there many years- mostly locals attracted to it . Not exactly a fashion statement for atmosphere but the food was OK.

Last time I was there it seemed a little nicer.

That side of the Prater less seen by tourists visitng there and also for some years obscured by the construction in that area for the extension of the UBahn line U-2 .

To one side of this place was an assembly area filled with all manner of equipment. Thankfully all of this now finished .

Some may remember Smutny , a nice place on Elsabethstrasse not far from the Opera. I believe the former owners of this place now closed also owned Hansy.

I think the Salm Brau now somehow involved with current Hansy.

Must stop in again and have a look.

When nearby to this area usually went to Schweizerhaus in the Prater for Stelze. They are now closed for the winter - to reopen in March- this an enjoyable place when open

5. Re: Gasthaus Hansy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:43 am, May 10, 2011