We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Olomouc to Vienna

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Transport from Olomouc to Vienna

I'm checked the OBB website, although there's a schedule for trains leaving from Breclav to Vienna, there's no ticket price. Anyone knows how much does it cost? and it seems you can't buy the tickets online, can I buy it at the Breclav station? Or can I buy both tickets/ a single ticket for the whole journey at Olomouc?

Anyone has taken this route before? there's very little time for transit at Breclav, I'm kinda worried half hr isn't enough to buy the ticket and walk up to the right platform.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
reviews: 8
1. Re: Transport from Olomouc to Vienna

The cheapest way would be to get to Brno - there are several daily buses and trains - it is cheaper and quicker by bus at c. 92 Crowns and takes about 1hr 10m (€3,50 - buy from the driver - buses go all the time) and then get a special offer train ticket from Brno to Vienna for €9 https://eshop.cd.cz/international/info.aspx… - you have to buy this at least 3 days in advance, otherwise it costs €23 on the day from Brno.

Look at www.idos.cz for times, but don't look for times all the way through as it will give you many different and more expensive options. There are several direct trains from Brno on which this special offer is valid.

Otherwise if you bought a ticket on the day all the way through from Olomouc it would cost you about €30.

Edited: 4:09 am, May 01, 2010
Hong Kong
2. Re: Transport from Olomouc to Vienna

Thanks GCEK, there're indeed trains valid for eTicket. You save me a lot of money:)

Olomouc
reviews: 19
3. Re: Transport from Olomouc to Vienna

If you can get the Brno-Vienna advance ticket as suggested above you should certainly do it, as it will be by far the cheapest option.

If you do need to buy from Olomouc to Vienna though, you can purchase your ticket the whole way from the Olomouc train station and full price is 635Kc, which is currently around 24.40 Euro. If you are two or more people travelling together you will be eligible for a small discount on the first part of the journey. Breclav train station is very well organised; changing platforms is fast and easy.

The best train connections from Olomouc to Vienna take 3 hours 15 minutes. The buses across to Brno and then back over to Vienna take from 4 to 5 hours, but to save 11 Euros per person is probably the best thing if you have spare time and but not much spare money.

4. Re: Transport from Olomouc to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 03, 2010