We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Can someone tell me where the nearest large shopping centre is to Vienna. I was told there was one about 20 mins by tube from the centre of Vienna? But I can't remember the name of the stop.

Thank You :)

Vienna, Austria
reviews: 21
1. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

It is called SCS - Shopping City Sued:

http://www2.scs.at/

sorry website only in German

http://www2.scs.at/?n=95

There is no subway connection to the SCS, but a bus and train.

The train (Badner Bahn) leaves right opposite the Opera house and so does the Ikea bus.

By the way, in Vienna it is not really necessary to go to a shopping mall outside of the city center, because you will find so many nice shops (most are the same as in the mall and even more) within the historic city center and on the Mariahilferstrasse (3 stops by subway U3 from Stephansplatz/stop Neubaugasse)

Ljubljana, SI
2. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Hi,

try here: http://wwwt3.boku.ac.at/3092.html?&L=1

When reading through the name might pop up.

My colleagues took me once to SCS on the way home. Too many shops for just an hour stop, but at the end I was the one waiting for guys because they couldn't leave Ikea shop. :-)

Btw, may I ask a question here: where is a well stocked bookshop inside or on the Ring, please?

Cheers,

Beni

Vienna, Austria
reviews: 21
3. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

MORAWA at the Wollzeile.

From Stephansplatz go into the Rotenturmstrasse and turn right into the Wollzeile.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
4. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

if you ask about a shopping center near to the city center and accessible by Tube- UBahn- subway - this is the Donauzentrum shopping center-

Take the UBahn line U-1 to Kagran stop - the center is immediately across the street from the stop - perhaps a 15 minute ride from city center .

Bookshops

Frick on Graben 27 has a large selection - all types and various languages.- city center

around the corner at Kohlmarkt 9 is Freytag and Berndt - good for maps - travel books and related items-

Ljubljana, SI
5. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Thank you, :-)

Beni

London, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Thanks for your help everyone!

If anyone knows where the large Mango outlet store is as well I'd appreciate it!

Where exactly on the map is SCS? It's in German on the website so I can't read directions. I would like to get a train from Bratislava if I can. ( it's where I live).

Ljubljana, SI
7. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Cannot help with Mango.

But SCS is on the opposite side from your perspective. It's along the motorway towards Graz... if you follow Triester strasse out from Vienna to the south.

Cheers,

Beni

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 79
8. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

I think the Mango outlet is at the Parndorf Outlet Mall which is about a 30 minute drive from Vienna centre heading east. I think there may be a dedicated shuttle bus service from Vienna centre.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
9. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Charlootte - we once called at Parndorf whilst driving back to Vienna from Bratislava. It would probably be only about a half hour drive for you.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
10. Re: Shopping centre near Vienna centre.

Charlotte

Just noticed you did a separate post about the Outlet Mall and the Mango store and received some excellent advice there - sorry for the duplication.