We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from venice ti vienna

Which Vienna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mclean, VA
Train from venice ti vienna

I want to know the cost, time of night train from veince to vienna. Is it a direct train or do i need to change it in between. Do i need to make reservation in advance.

I live in US so i'll appreciate if someone can suggest few sites from where i can get this information and book the tickets also.

Linz
reviews: 7
1. Re: Train from venice ti vienna

I'd advise you to go during the day as it is much faster! (7 hours compared to 12 hours during night).

There are 2 direct services during the day, one at night.

timetable:

www.oebb.at (Austrian Railways)

www.trenitalia.it (Italian Railways)

The night train offers also sleeping cars with bathroom/toilet but it's very expensive.

Station in Venice is: Venezia Santa Lucia

For the trains during the day you don't need to make a reservation in advance. If you want to go in a sleeper, you should book it in advance, but most of the time, there are compartments available. Ticket rates start with 29,- EUR ... (only some ticket 2nd class on some trains)

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 9
2. Re: Train from venice ti vienna

We took a night train from Venice to Vienna and it was very nice. Are you traveling on a Eurail pass? I figured I'd have to pay for someplace to stay the night anyway so the long night train was handy. We left Venice late in the evening and woke up in Vienna. It was great!

DC
3. Re: Train from venice ti vienna

The German Rail website "Deutsche Bahn" has schedules for most of Europe. You can take an easy overnight train from Vienna/Wien to Venice -- I did it two years ago. Around 9 hours. In the summer, you should definitely reserve in advance, although we only did so when we arrived in Wien (about a week before going to Venice).

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

Also try this site for prices:

http://www.raileurope.com/us/index.htm