We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

Which Kitzbuhel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 47
Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

I know, I know I'm on the Kitzbuhel forum so maybe answers will be a bit biased but I didn't want to cross-post this so here goes: We're having a real hard time figuring out what resort we want to go to for our honeymoon and our choices are between Kitzbuhel or Sint Anton. Between the two resorts which resort would you consider more 'pricey' for what you get. Granted, both resorts are probably amazing but we are just trying to get others ideas. Also, I am looking for a rather "Austrian" experience for both of us (if possible) - although I have traveled to Austria twice, my fiance has not and I would like the experience to be what you could potentially say is "typical" at these resorts. We are also advanced (not necessarily expert) snowboarders and would prefer the resort that has less of the flat areas and slightly more challenging terrain. We love cruising but we would love the option for variety as well. We would also like to spend time in the town of each respective area so which area has more of the apres-ski life. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll answer them. Thank you!!

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

I'm guessing you mean Sankt Anton am Arlberg when you refer to "Sint Anton"...

Although I've no direct experience of Kitz first had, I've spent a number of seasons in the Arlberg, mostly St Anton but also Lech. St Anton will be more expensive than Kitz and does have a number of flats around which do take a little getting used to in a board, but they're not that bad. Fewer flats if you head over to Lech, which is also on the same lift pass as is Sonnenkopf and from next Winter onwards the connection between Lech and the Warth ski area will be finished. Amazing off piste in the Arlberg, some of the easier accessed stuff gets tracked out quite quickly but there's still plenty to be found and hiring a guide is often well recommended.

As for whether you get the 'typical' experience, yes you will, what you get will depend in what accommodation you book. Plenty of après in Anton, both on the piste at places like Mooserwirt, Krazy Kanagruh and Taps, and also in the town, Picadilly being one of the main ones there. One thing to note with European resorts is that the town is in the ski area, the lifts go up from the town and the pistes come back down to town, there is none of the travelling to the mountain from the resort every day to go skiing and then travelling back afterwards.

Vienna
reviews: 44
2. Re: Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

St. Anton and Arlberg area is higher up in the Alps and more challenging. Both give you Austrian experience and lot's of Apres ski. If you stay in centre of the village you can walk to the pistes and bars are next to lifts.

wirral
reviews: 68
3. Re: Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

When are you going? What sort of accommodation?

Fairfax, Virginia
reviews: 47
4. Re: Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

Sorry for the extremely delayed response. We are looking at going early March 2014. We're looking at staying at a hotel or one of the pensions. We here that pensions (half & full) give you a nice experience but does restrict you when it comes to going out to eat. We are still weighing these options.

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

March is a good time for St Anton, often get some sunny weather and great snow conditions. Had some good days snowboarding off piste in fresh powder, as well as days spent cruising the pistes under blue skies before stopping off at one of the Après bars on the piste (usually Taps) enjoys the afternoon on the sun terrace with a few beers.

Plenty of places for eating out in St Anton covering a variety of budgets if you opt for half board.

6. Re: Decisions, Decisions - Sint Anton or Kitzbuhel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 16, 2014