We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Which Innsbruck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Hi,

I'm visiting Innsbruck on early Sep and would like to go to Seegrube. How do I proceed from Innsbruck, how much and what is the operating hours? I saw on photo the beautiful night sight of Innsbrcuk from Seegrube.

Thanks

Regards

Seow.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Yes, it is a beautiful view across Innsbruck toward the south. Seegrube – Nordpark is the mountain area to the north of downtown Innsbruck. www.holidaze.com/images/innsbruckmap.jpg

Without a doubt, the best deal would be to get the Innsbruck Card. With the Innsbruck Card you get one free trip up to Nordpark, Patscherkofel and Axamer Lizum plus free entrance into the museums. Click on ‘detailed information’ at innsbruck-tourismus.com/xxl/…index.html

To get to Seegrube from the old town, take Tram #1 all the way to the north turn around point, walk across the street to the Hungerburgbahn funiculiar. The Alpine Zoo [also free with the Innsbruck Card] is along the way up to Hungerburg. Walk across the plaza in Hungerburg and take the Nordketten Cable car to Seegrube where the is a restaurant. The final cable car goes up to below Hafelekar were it is still a steep walk to the top. A panorama from the top can be found at http://www.nordpark.at/

Singapore
2. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Thanks for the info. Do you have the operating hrs for the transportation? The night sight from Seegrube is superb. How do I make my way down from Seegrube to Innsbruck at night. What is the fare cost?

Thanks

Regards

Seow.

Rhondda, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

The cable car to seegrube is closed and isnt open until december!

Singapore
4. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

So the route is from Innsbruck to Hungerburg to Seegrube and finally to Nordpark. U mean the cable acr from Hungerburg to Seegrube is not in operation till Dec? Is there any alternative beside cable car?

Regards.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
5. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

What a shame, I was not aware the Hungerburgbahn funiculiar and Nordketten Cable car were closed until December 22nd, Other than a hike, there is not a viable alternative. innsbruck-tourismus.com/xxl/…index.html

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
6. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

I believe that the construction includes re-locating base station to make it more convenient and a new and faster lift.

A good improvement.

Work can only be completed in summer weather.

Rhondda, United...
7. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

I only knew because im getting married out there in Feb and we are having the reception at the Seegrube restaurant - i hope their construction timetables are better than those in the UK . We walked part of the way up when we visited in June and its still spectacular even tho id never walk that far lol xxx

Rhondda, United...
8. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Apparently the new lift when fully functioning will go from the centre of Innsbruck nr the congress centre, but the whole stretch wont be open in December x

Singapore
9. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Thanks for the updates. So the cable car will not be open till Dec'06. So any buses to reach Seegrube from Innsbruck and what is the operating hours? I intend to watch the night scene of Innsbruck over there. In addtional, is there any supermart or conveience stores in Innsbruck?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
reviews: 3
10. Re: Going to Seegrube from Innsbruck

Buses to Seegrube???

As soon as a bus able to climb up a rock face is invented, let me know :-)

If the cable car is closed, it's closed. Period. But you can try to get to Fulpmes by tram and take the cable car to the Patscherkofel - if it runs in the evening.