We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the benefits of booking Salzburg tickets online?

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
What are the benefits of booking Salzburg tickets online?

I would be traveling around Salzburg and was wondering if I should book my OBB train tickets online in advance or buy it directly at the station? Would it be cheaper to book online and would the tickets run out if i don't book in advance?

I am intending to travel from Obertraun Dachsteinhohlen to salzburg hbf on the 18 Aug.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: What are the benefits of booking Salzburg tickets online?

Tickets never sell out.

Obertraun - Salzburg = €26.70 if you buy now or on the day from the ticket office in the station at Obertraun.

Two trains to get to Salzburg via Attnang Puchheim.

If there are 2 - 5 of you traveling you could buy the ERT ticket (See link) but would have to travel after 09:00 and it would take longer to get to Salzburg as the second train would be a regional one.

oebb.at/en/…

Or use ÖBB to Attnang Puchheim for €14.20 then get a Westbahn train to Salzburg €7.50. So total €21.70. So cheaper than two ÖBB trains.

Buy Westbahn ticket on the train.

https://westbahn.at/en

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
34 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: What are the benefits of booking Salzburg tickets online?

The Westbahn trains are quite nice and some (if not all) have onboard wifi. Also we got special discount tickets for Westbahn at the station - these were not available online. I suggest don't book in advance.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
24,994 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: What are the benefits of booking Salzburg tickets online?

In many cases it is cheaper to book online in advance, but not on this route.

4. Re: What are the benefits of booking Salzburg tickets online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 07, 2015