We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Hallstatt on February

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Is it worth going to Hallstatt on February

Hello,

I want to ask is it worth going to Hallstatt and Zell am see from Salzburg on February?

Would you recommend some scenery is best on February? Because my long time trip can plan on February only.

Please help & thanks

3 replies to this topic
Vienna
1. Re: Is it worth going to Hallstatt on February

Zell am See is great to visit at any time of the year.

Of course I recommend to try skiing if you are in the area. If you don't want to ski, you can still go up the Kitzsteinhorn glacier for some spectacualr views on the surrounding mountains and to visit the glacier world 3000: www.kitzsteinhorn.at/en/gipfelwelt-3000

If it is cold enough you can go ice skating on the lake and there is a nice thermal spa in Kaprun: http://www.tauernspakaprun.com/en

I have read you posts about driving before: If you visit Zell am See, do so by train. Zell am See is easy to reach by train from Salzburg. The train ride takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes and trains leave at least every hour.

I would not really recommend Hallstatt in winter, because all attractions will be closed. Rather spend more time in Zell am See and Salzburg itself.

Best regards, Christina

Midlands, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 10
2. Re: Is it worth going to Hallstatt on February

I sort of agree here. Hallstatt is spectacularly located but in winter it can be quite drab. Also if there is low cloud the mountains are obscured and the views spoiled. Zell am See is wonderful at any time.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 442
3. Re: Is it worth going to Hallstatt on February

Yes, giving Hallstatt a miss in winter is the best option.

Reply to: Is it worth going to Hallstatt on February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted