We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

text info

Can anyway advise.

We are travelling from Salzburg to Venice Oct 2014 and want to make it scenic so not taking the night train .

Concern. If we take OBB 8.12 from Salzburg via Villach getting that connection only allow 7 minute change over .? We have luggage ..has anybody done this connection does it work .?

OBB advises it should be ok but cant gaurantee ??

Other option Salzburg Wogrl Venice from Wogrl 12 stops ..not to keen on that

Thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

If you are on a through ticket, they should accommodate you on the next train if the incoming IC from Salzburg is late in arriving.

However, I checked your OBB IC departing 08:12 arrives at Villach on platform 3, and the next OBB IC departing Villach at 10:50 leaves from platform 4DE, that should not be a problem in my opinion.

Here is the layout of the station with Track numbers

…oebb.at/img/…Lageplan_8100147.pdf

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

Thank you very much

If worst case happened and the incoming from Slazburg was late into Villach and other train did not wait , do you know if another Train from Villach would get us into Venice at a reasonable hour that same day .

Really thankful for your advice

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

unfortunately there is no other train it seems. You may want to email OEBB and ask them if you can join the OEBB Intercity bus 835, leaving from the bus stop across the road at 12:58. This bus is a reserved seating bus, so it may or may not have seats available (it stops at Venice Mestre, and terminates at Venice Tronchetto carpark, near Piazzale Roma).

There are 4 departures everyday, both ways.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

thank yo so much for your help .

Not one to read maps to well and less expereienced at train travel , could you explain where paltform 4DE is on that link, I cant see it ?

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014

You are correct, I could not find it either. My guess is it would be on another section of that platform 4. Some of these smaller stations, they may have trains departing from different areas along the length of that platform at different times.

Reply to: Train travel from Salzburg to Venice October 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted