We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg Card-purchase in Hallstatt or on way from Slovenia?

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 5
Salzburg Card-purchase in Hallstatt or on way from Slovenia?

Hello. We will be stopping in Hallstatt on our way to Salzburg (we are coming from Lake Bled). Is there a tourist info office in or around Hallstatt where I can purchase the Salzburg Card? I know there are several discounts associated with the card we'd like to use in town.

I looked on the website but couldn't quite figure it out. Am I better off purchasing cards online before I leave the states? Does the 72 hour time period begin at the exact time of first use - or does it just go by the date?

Also any specific driving info - Lake Bled to Hallstatt - Hallstatt to Salzburg would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
reviews: 429
1. Re: Salzburg Card-purchase in Hallstatt or on way from Slovenia?

You should buy it online in advance as otherwise you can only buy it in Salzburg itself. The time period begins at the full hour that you write on the card and works by hours rather than calendar days.

Edited: 1:26 pm, June 19, 2014
Portage, Michigan
2. Re: Salzburg Card-purchase in Hallstatt or on way from Slovenia?

Engbound,

Have you gone yet? I am doing the reverse drive. Salzburg to Hallstatt to Lake Bled. How long did it take??

Can you pull it off in a day and still enjoy Hallstatt?

Will be there in Sept. Thanks.

Ohio
reviews: 5
3. Re: Salzburg Card-purchase in Hallstatt or on way from Slovenia?

We just returned. We left bled around 9am and arrived in Salzburg before 6pm. We got lost a few times - bad GPS! We had lunch in Hallstatt and looked around a little (make sure you have cash for restaurants, restrooms, map, etc.) - it was raining and cloudy and not the best views. It is very doable provided you don't plan for long tours, etc.

A few things we really liked: Salzburg card - saved time and we wandered into sites we wouldn't have paid extra for - definitely visit Untersberg - what a thrill. We stayed in Bohinjska Bela just outside Bled - visit Gostilna Rot restaurant, Lake Bohinj and the summer luge runs. If you haven't already rented a car we highly recommend IdealRent - much lower prices and personal service. Have a ball. We fell in love with Slovenia.

Reply to: Salzburg Card-purchase in Hallstatt or on way from Slovenia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted