We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental at Salzburg

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga, California
Car rental at Salzburg

Me & my husband plan visit Maria Alm Austria end of September, will fly to Salzburg and rent a car for a week, worry about car navigation, automatic or shift, should we buy navigation in US and bring to Austria but how the language will be, if we use phone google map may cost a lot on data. We live in California.

Susan Wang

8 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 28
1. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

just book whatever car you feel happy about. if you are used to auto, use auto, but if you want stick shift, just book that! your choice.

as regards sat nav. the hire company will be able to rent you a sat nav. just make sure that they turn it over to english.

police in austria are everywhere, so keep an eye on speed etc especially through villages. there are no restriction signs when entering a village, just the village name on a large board. you are supposed to know that speed is then down to 50 kph.

enjoy.

uk
reviews: 26
2. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

You could always just buy a map of the area and do it the old fashioned way----much cheaper and more interesting. You will be given a map of the highways by your rental company but it won't cover all the minor roads.

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 1
3. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

If you book a car with Sixt or Europcar from compact or larger you're guaranteed to get a Sat-NAV anyway. It's the car's built-in one and you will have to go into settings and switch it from German to English. That's it.

You can pick-up and drop off the car right in Salzburg (Austria) or from Freilassing (Germany) - so compare the rates and keep in mind that pick-up from a train station or airport sometimes involves a surcharge.

Personally I've made great experiences finding the best rental car deal through http://www.momondo.com.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 28
4. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

sorry. there is no guarantee that you will get sat nav. the car may be fitted with the ability for it, but if you need an atlas disc, then you will pay for it. i have just booked a medium sized car and there is NO sat nav in it, but it is offered at a cost

Saratoga, California
5. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

Thank you for your kind replies.

We are going to return rental car at Salzburg Airport and find bus or train to Munich, what transportation would be better, we have lot of luggage, will stay at Courtyard Munich City Center.

Norcross, Georgia
6. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

My son purchased an Europe map SD cartridge from eBay for $25.00, It seems work.

Norcross, Georgia
7. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

My son purchased an Europe map SD cartridge from eBay for $25.00, It seems work.

uk
reviews: 26
8. Re: Car rental at Salzburg

Book on the Rail Jet from Salzburg to Munich. You will be sure to have planty of room for all your luggage and a very comfortable journey

Reply to: Car rental at Salzburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted