We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shanghai
Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

I plan to stay in Bad Reichenhall for three nights, and use one full day for the Lake in Germany (K-something, obersee), and plan to use another full day to explore the Austrian lake area (st gilgen, st Wolfgang, Mondsee, etc).

1. Do you think it is a wise choice to stay in Bad Reichenhall (as it is somewhere in between, do not want to stay in Salzburg though)?

2. We will drive the car from Bad Reichenhall to lake areas, is it too ambitious to go all the way to Hallstadt? Or maybe Bad Ishle (the cake place) is the farthest that we can go?

BTW, we plan to stay in Hotel Garni Gablerhof, it is ranked No.1 in Bad Reichenhall. Is it really good?

thanks for your advice!

Midlands, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 12
1. Re: Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

Why not stay in Berchtesgaden? Konigsee lake is only fifteen minutes from there. I wouldn't personally stay in Bad Reichenhall. From Berchtesgaden there's a great route I could give you to drive to Hallstatt which would take under two hours.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 47
2. Re: Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

If you have a car you can easily get to Hallstatt and Bad Ischl for one day.

A second day you could do more lakes/villages.

Fuschlamsee & Wolfgansee

or

Mondsee & Attersee,

shanghai
3. Re: Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

Is there any particular reason you don't want to stay in Bad Reichenhall? Thanks..

shanghai
4. Re: Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

The reason I pick Bad Reichenhall instead of Ramsau or Berchtesgaden is because I also plan to visit the Austrian lake area, so I think maybe somewhere in between is more convenient..

Also the hotel I choose (Hotel Garni Gablerhof) has a very high score of 9.6.. I hope it can justifies its score..

Bad Reichenhall is not so good as Berchtesgaden? in what aspects?

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

Forthe Austrian lake area, Bad Reichenhall is actually on the wsetern fringes of the area you want to cover. Berchtesgaden would be closer, or Bad Ischl.

However - -

Bad Reichenhall is definitelky an upscale spa town, with nice gardens, good restaurants (try the Neu Meran, a bit west of town, with good views of the Predigtstguhl), a nice shopping street and the nearby Predigtstuhl cable car , with nice walks at the top. of the mountain. Every year when I am in the Chiemsee area, I take a day-trip to Bad Reichenhall. Unfortunateloy, I am not familiar with Gablerhof. .

6. Re: Bad Reichenhall to lake area (St gilgen, etc)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 19, 2014