We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salzburg, Prague, Istanbul

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi
reviews: 1
Salzburg, Prague, Istanbul

Hi,

We are a late 20s couple planning a trip to Central Europe and then to Turkey in 1st week June. Need help sorting the best way to move between cities. My target destinations are Salzburg, Prague and then to Istanbul with some traveling within Turkey. Need help in sorting out handling teh Central Europe portion of this.

My Schengen is from Germany hence will fly into Germany. Looking at the map My guess is to fly in to Munich, which would land around 1.30pm. I do not intend to spend time in Munich since I have limited days 12-15 days.

From Munich would transfer to Salzburg the same day, how easy is that to do from the airport, using train/bus. Pls advise that Munich would be the most apt city, or otherwise?Plan is to spend the night and entire next day in Salzburg.

Next Destination is Prague. Is it better to go from Salzburg to Prague or go back to Munich and then to Prague. In case that is a better option, would it be advisable and possible to deposit my bags somewhere in Munich if I have to return back for going onwards to Prague? Pls advise whether Salzburg or Munich to Prague and how to do so.

Would also appreciate anyother idea to this, e.g. do it opposite i.e Start from Prague, in that case which German city would be advisable (Berlin/Frankfurt)? Also while this is not the Prague forum, would appreciate any comments in whether it is easy to go to Istanbul from Prague ( I suppose air would be the right option).

I know this is a bit long and quite a few questions, but really need the help. Thanks.

Vienna
reviews: 45
1. Re: Salzburg, Prague, Istanbul

It is easy to go from Munich to Salzburg by train - in about 3 hours you should be there. If you want to go on to Prague there is no sense to go back to Munich. You go from Salzburg to Linz (1 hour) and then on to Prague. From Prague you will fly to Turkey and there should be no problem to have daily flights.

2. Re: Salzburg, Prague, Istanbul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014