We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to prague

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
reviews: 1
Shuttle to prague

Hello we are 4 adults going from Salzburg to Prague on the 30th dec. I understand that we can take the train via Linz and people have also mentioned various shuttle services. Most of these however appear to go via Cesky Krumlov. Are there any that go direct to prague? Thank you

munich
reviews: 38
1. Re: Shuttle to prague

Don't think there are any direct services from Salzburg.

Westbus operate a service from Linz

https://westbus.at/en

https:/…linz-prag-ab091212.pdf

The above is the new bus timetable from 9th December

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
2. Re: Shuttle to prague

Never heard of, only the service to Cesky Krumlov is known. The route via Linz is not really longer and thus going by public transport would not be a (mentionable) detour. The bus operated by WESTBus is "express" with only one stop in Ceske Budejovice. I would go for the train/bus combo which can be booked here: https:/…salzburg-prague-ticket

perth
3. Re: Shuttle to prague

Hi Mikey thank you for that does that mean there is no train/train combo as it looks like there is really only the 1620 departure from Linz that is a viable option- would have liked to arrive in prague a little earlier if possible

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
4. Re: Shuttle to prague

Of course you can also take a train+train combo via Linz. Linz is the transfer hub in any case (if going via Austria). Timetables can be found here: www.oebb.at

There is also a bus that would deliver you to Prague at 12:20 hours but that seems to be too early, doesn't it? And you should be aware of the fact that there aren't great numbers of trains running between Linz and Prague.

I only see two alternative connections, one via Linz with continuation on a slow regional train and an other one via Munich with continuation on an express bus operated by German Railways. The connection via Linz would be at least the fastest way.

Edited: 6:30 am, November 20, 2012
perth
5. Re: Shuttle to prague

Hi

I have been on the 0ebb site and looking at prices the via munich option appears to be the cheapest but it is also a little confusing. The train via Linz appears to be over 200 euro for the 4 of us (2 adults 2 youth under 26) are there any other combinations or tricks that would make this cheaper.

there is also about 7 minutes between the arrival of the train from Salzburg and the departure of the train to prague is this long enough?

thanks again

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
6. Re: Shuttle to prague

Yes, the "trick" is to take the WESTBahn/WESTBus combo for only 29€. ÖBB should actually offer cheap tickets too, but these might only be available for certain connections. 7 minutes are enough if the inbound train is on time.

Edited: 6:39 am, November 21, 2012
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
7. Re: Shuttle to prague

Have you considered visiting Linz on your way to Prague? It is quite an interesting place. Here are some pics I took of Linz on a sunny day:

forum.airliners.de/index.php?showtopic=41283

Bad Ischl, Austria
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 47
8. Re: Shuttle to prague

Agree with Mikey

I like Linz

You can go and search out the little bakery that does the Original Linzer Tort.

Love the Railway Station as well.

perth
9. Re: Shuttle to prague

Is there luggage storage available at the train or bus station as this is the main drawback to exploring Lins - also would prefer to grt to Prague before dark but don't think that is likely to happen unless we leave salzburg really early.

Bad Ischl, Austria
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 47
10. Re: Shuttle to prague

Big left luggage area in the Linz railway station.

Prices

oebb.at/en/…index.jsp