We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panorama tours. (which one to choose?!!!)

Which Salzburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
muscat
panorama tours. (which one to choose?!!!)

Hello, I was checking the panorama tours website (www.panoramatours.at)

I found the following for salzburg:

1.Country Highlights

-Lakes & Mountains

-Horsedrawn Sleigh Ride

-Saltmines

-Bavarian Mountains

-Eagle's Nest

2.Salzburg City Tours

-Panorama City Tour

-Mozart Tour Salzburg

-Classic Panorama Tour

-Panorama City Tour by bus and boat

3.Country Highlights Salzburg

-Sound of Music Tour

-City & Country Highlights

-Ice Caves

-Silent Night - Holy Night Tour

now, i have only 3 nights in salzburg!!!

i need some help on how to spend them in a good way and what are the must-see attractions and tours?

thank you in advance

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 10
1. Re: panorama tours. (which one to choose?!!!)

Hmm, that's a lot of tours!

Salzburg really is tiny in the centre so I think you could get by on your own without a tour until you want to go a bit further afield.

Things I would recommend:

The fortress - take the wee train up there from behind the cathedral and then you can wander over, admire the stunning views, and then take a guided tour round some of the interior rooms. That's loads of fun. If you leave the castle on foot you can go for a walk over the Moenschberg which is lovely.

Hellbrunn - lovely gardens, palace, and Zoo. Accessible by bus from the city so you don't have to take a tour there unless you want to. There are tours of the palace when you get there.

River trip - a nice cruise up the Salzach with commentary in English and German on the history and geography of the town and then turn round and zoom back again - very fast river! Some journeys go as far as Hellbrunn.

If you buy a 3-day Salzburg card (35 euros?), all of the above will be included in the price of the card, and also use of public transport including the bus to Hellbrunn for three days. As well as entrance to virtually every other tourist attraction in Salzburg.

For external tours - I think I would go for either a) Sound of music ONLY if you are nuts about the movie otherwise the singing on the bus might get on your wick OR b) Werfen and the Ice Caves if you like caves OR c) Eagle's Nest if you are interested in mountains and the historical aspects. This tour I think also includes a visit to Koenigsee. But I don't think I could be bothered doing more than one when you are only there three days and Salzburg itself is so charming and there's loads to see right there. Of those three, the Eagle's nest appeals to me most.

Hope that helps. And of course one must eat a lot in Salzburg (very good food) and perhaps go to a concert if you are there during the Festival - so that will keep you well busy!

rol (only 3 weeks to go!)

muscat
2. Re: panorama tours. (which one to choose?!!!)

thanks rol :)

i'll be there from 28/7 to 3/8

i guess i'll stick to one tour and try to do the city by myself.

it seems that vienna and salzburg cards help alot

got any ideas about zell am see?

Oxford, UK
Destination Expert
for Salzburg
reviews: 10
3. Re: panorama tours. (which one to choose?!!!)

No sorry, quite clueless about Zell am See - have only gone thru there in a train. I'm not sure that the Vienna card is such a bargain as the Salzburg card cos it doesn't offer free entry - only discounts. I often get the Szg card but I've never used the Vienna card for that reason.

I'm in Salzburg 27-30/7 - so if you see someone streaming past in a blue fit, it's probably me, late for the opera again!

xr

Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
4. Re: panorama tours. (which one to choose?!!!)

Salzburg is wonderful! I went this past Christmas/ New Year's with my now fiance and had a great time. We enjoyed the Salt Mine tour, which give's you an abbreviated tour of Eagle's Nest while you're at it. Make sure you use the slides in the mines!

The Sound of Music Tour is OK, but mainly because you get to see the beautiful surrounding area. I would think you could do that just fine with a different tour and skip some of the cheesier moments.

As far as Salzburg itself is concerned, you can tour the town just fine on foot.

Good luck and have fun.